The regulations are aimed at curbing the menace of spam text messages and sets clear guidelines for carriers on how to tackle the situation. One clause in the regulation, limits the number of text messages.
This new amendment speaks about the restrictions of sending 100 SMS per day for a Prepaid User and a total of 3000 SMS for Postpaid user from September 27th 2011. This policy is initiated to control the marketing SMS from Normal Numbers which is not registered in National Do Not Disturb Service.
To know more in detail, please visit
RayMedi Alerts Customers :
mobile users can switch over to RayMedi SMS Gateway. This rule will not be applicable to the customers who are using the RayMedi Alerts Lease product and the customers who are using RayMedi SMS Gateway.
Further to our earlier communication related to new TRAI guidelines implementation, Â
A. The below changes will be done effective 25th Sep, 11.
1) Dynamic Sender ID will be disabled.
2) Long Code(Mobile number) as Sender IDÂ will be disabled and hence will not be available for use as a sender-id.
3) Sender ID for Rapid Response will be disabled.
B. The below changes will be done effective 27th Sep, 11.
1) All Promotional messages will be a numeric sender-id. (e.g TM-022222)
2) All transactional messages would have a sender-id of 6 characters max.(e.g TM-ZZZZZZ) If the sender-ids are not provided by you then current sender-ids will be truncated to first 6 characters.
3) All transactional messages will be sent to DNC registered users only if they match the templates.
4) All promotional messages can only be sent between 09:00 am to 09:00 pm.
5) All response messages for Rapid response on Long code
will be sent only between 09:00 am to 09:00 pm with numeric
sender id, as they would be treated as promotional.
6) Only below given messages will be treated as Transactional and rest all will be treated as Promotional.
i. information pertaining to the account of its customer sent to the customer by a licensee or Bank or financial institution or insurance company or credit card company or depositories registered with Securities and Exchange Board of India or Direct to Home Operators.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ii. Information given by Airlines or Indian Railways or its authorized agencies to its passengers regarding travelÂ schedules,Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ticket booking and reservation.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â iii.Â Information from a registered educational institution to its students or their parents or guardians;
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 7) All messages to opt in users, from enterprises who donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t fall in the above criteria, will be treated as Promotional Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â and would be sent only to users who are not on NDNC.
If you still need to reach your customers or members or users who are registered with the NDNC / NCPR you can instruct your customer(s) / member(s) / user(s) to remove their number from the NDNC list by sending smsÂ STOP DNDÂ toÂ 1909Â OrÂ dial 1909 and follow IVR instructions to de-register in NDNC registry.
The above process used to earlier take upto 45 days for updation in the NDNC, however as per the new regularion this process should take upto 7 days.