ONDC, the market maker, was birthed to solve the challenges faced by independent small businesses in trading with major e-Commerce players
Let your store be discoverable to the broadest consumer base possible in the e-Commerce world with a low cost of customer acquisition
Get connected with your consumers directly for the quality of your products and the service you offer beyond price, offers, and eCommerce platform's marketing!
Get the freedom to decide your own servicing policies, commission/referral chargers, and customer service mechanisms to offer what your customers want without any intervention
Let consumers decide only based on the quality of products and service offered as the Data resides only with the seller
Get your digital cataloging done perfectly for all channels, including online/offline sales, and feel the richness of your catalog in all the channels
Enjoy maintaining a robust inventory with GoSure, inventory management app to serve all channels without discrepancies and get channel-wise pricing and offers done easily
Get empowered to receive orders from any channel, help consumers pay through any channel, deliver products through any channel
Get ready to deliver to your customers with GoDeliver, a delivery management app that ensures the best possible last-mile delivery
Get a complete one-stop solution that manages everything from sales, inventory, purchase, GST accounting, and omnichannel needs for your business
Get the complete business management solutions to support your offline and online store, a win-win for both spaces
Hey, did you know?
Gofrugal is one of the first ERPs to integrate with ONDC!
I did not have the financial resources to launch and promote my own app. But now, with the ONDC initiative, I have an online presence. Also, I receive a minimum of 5 to 10 orders daily in the initial stages itself.
- Mr. Shanthosh Kumar,
Owner of Home Stock Supermarket, Coimbatore
Mr. Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs & Food & Public Distribution and Textiles, visited Home Stock Super Market in Coimbatore on June 24th, 2022 and experienced the ONDC initiative personally.
Successfully operating cities
Successful pilot orders delivered
|Reaching Consumers||From any buyer app that they use||Specific to a particular app/platform|
|Transparency in Data||Clear visibility of consumer data, transactions, and commission charges||No access or less visibility on customer and order transaction details|
|Payments||Sellers can collect and settle payments based on their own policies||e-Commerce platforms collect the payment and decide the payout cycle|
|Delivery Management||Sellers can choose the way they want to deliver||Dependent on the e-Commerce platform and their defined charges|
|Support||ONDC sets up a regulatory body for Online Dispute Resolution (ODR), and sellers take primary responsibility for customer service||The e-Commerce platform has the final say in the support structure and how service requests are resolved|
The above given process is as per Aug 2022. This might get changed as the network evolves Paytm is mentioned as representation of a buyer app, there could be many such consumer apps in coming days
ONDC is a non-profit digital e-Commerce network for buyers and sellers to connect with associated logistics and service partners. The Government of India initiated it to provide an unparalleled monetary frame, audience scale, and autonomy in the e-Commerce sector.
Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) will enable customers to engage with sellers of their choice seamlessly. The present e-Commerce platforms are restrictive and favor products of the platform developers’ choice.
Open Network for Digital Commerce is a private non-profit Section 8 company established by the Government of India's Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) to develop open e-Commerce.
First, ONDC is not a platform. It is a network. You can start using the ONDC network by following these 3 simple steps:
- Onboard a seller platform integrated with ONDC. Also, Gofrugal is one of the first ERPs to integrate with ONDC, and we can help you with this process too
- Get started with omnichannel transformation with one-time cataloging
- Become an online seller visible to all buyer platforms/apps like Paytm, WhatsApp, and much more to come
ONDC brings unmatched consumer reach by leveraging the consumer base of various everyday consumer apps like Paytm, WhatsApp, Kotak, PhonePe and many more!
ONDC is the next big thing in e-Commerce as it will provide equal opportunities to all marketplace players, including consumers. It is a neutral platform that will set protocols for cataloging, vendor match, and price discovery on an open source basis, like the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
When ONDC says common integration, they mean that if both e-Commerce platforms A and B are on ONDC, the buyer can see products from platform B on A as well. This is similar to how we pay using UPI. If person A is on GooglePay and person B is on PhonePe, still person A can transfer money to person B. This is how ONDC works as well. There is no limitation to e-Commerce platforms as long as the buyers are on the ONDC network.
- Sellers can reach an extensive consumer base
- Stores are discoverable to a wide customer base resulting in higher sales
- Buyers and sellers can engage irrespective of the e-Commerce portal
- Does not depend on algorithms for reaching consumers since Data resides only with the seller
- Offers an opportunity to compete with e-Commerce platforms with minimum staff, skills and technology
- Low referral commission charges
- Low cost of customer acquisition
Paytm charges a buyer finder fee of 3-5% as of July 2022 only. It might vary from each buyer app in the future, but it would definitely be the lower when compared to regular e-Commerce platforms.
The top benefits of ONDC are,
- Access to more buyers
- Better discoverability of products and cost
- Autonomy on terms because of multiple choices for being digitally visible
- Lower cost of doing business
- More options for value chain services like logistics and fulfillment
As a technology partner and the front-runner in the field of ERP on ONDC, you can join us to get the early bird perks. So, that’s Gofrugal’s role – Onboarding you to ONDC by digitizing your store, inventory, and operations in a Frugal way! Gofrugal helps your business go online with,
- Create a digital catalog for one time and use it on all buyer apps your going to be available on
- Be part of an incredible omnichannel transformation into all possible platforms and enable business to be omnichannel ready!
Pricing and Inventory
- Enable customers to shop from your store on any channel, pay you from any channel and you can deliver through any channel
Offline and Online sales
- Get the complete business management solutions to support your offline and online store, a win-win with the best solutions
Minimal staff expertise
- Grow your business with minimal staff, very minimal training and almost nil technical expertise