New Horizon Media (NHM) is a Chennai-based publishing house set up in 2004 provides a multi-language and multi-format publishing. They provide compelling experiences to customers through print, audio books & DVDs in English and various Indian languages.
1. During Book fairs, NHM saw a large volume of buyers and wanted to track which books were selling well. This would help in making better merchandising decisions.
2. View into other important aspects like adequate stock of fast-selling books, requisition for more and billing software to process bills faster at peak periods.
3. In short, need of a product which could help manage their relationships with their stockists. It would track each personâ€™s stock, how much has been supplied to various outlets and how long those outlets take to re-order.
The key challenge NHM faced was to try and analyze the traction happening in terms of availability of books and their uptake. Choosing the right solution to fit specific requirements was an arduous task for NHM as they evaluated a number of vendors who were offering retail software solutions. Eventually, they opted for GoFrugalâ€™s online billing and inventory solution, TruePOS.
An on-demand solution that helps automate the entire retail operations of a small retailer at an affordable price. What is more fascinating about TruePOS as an umbrella solution for NHM is that it can leverage technologies like the Internet, mobile and other upcoming technologies such as cloud computing. With TruePOS, NHM can seamlessly collaborate with all the people in real-time.
1. The software did not require a proprietary installation on a remote PC
2. User-friendly interface which reduced the cost on training staff
3. Offered a browser-based model that everyone is comfortable using
4. SaaS business model where subscription can be taken on a monthly basis and affords flexibility
5. Scale the use of TruePOS as billing volume goes up
1. The Automatic sync-up feature took care of the internet connectivity problems. For instance, many locations where good internet connectivity is not available, the billing module could operate without being connected to the server at all times and later synched up with the main This offline option enables the retailer to continue sales without any hassles.
2. Flexibility to increase or decrease the number of tills depending on the number of book fairs saved investment on a large software package.
3. TruePOS generates a useful and comprehensive set of reports that helps NHM get an insight into what is really happening in terms of sales. Access to quality data has become the key to improved sales efficiency and stock management.
4. NHM claims that efficient inventory management has helped them increase their revenue by 25 percent.
5. Ability to keep track of the fastest selling titles and re-stock them rapidly at the fairs has helped NHM in effective basket analysis, re-arrangement of merchandise for the following day or even putting together books to sell as a package.
6. NHM is now collects information on sales velocity and stock volume on real-time basis.
New Horizon Media is scaling to new heights with TruePOS. How are you handling your retail? You can use TruePOS FREE 30 days trial by simply creating an account. So, go ahead and sign-up.