New Horizon Media (NHM) is a Chennai-based publishing house set up in 2004 provides a multi-language and multi-format publishing. TheyÂ provide compelling experiences to customers through print, audio books & DVDs in English and various Indian languages.
1. During Book fairs, NHM saw a large volume of buyers and wanted to trackÂ which books were selling well. This would help in making betterÂ merchandising decisions.
2. ViewÂ into other important aspects like adequate stock of fast-sellingÂ books,Â requisition for more and billing software to process billsÂ faster at peak periods.
3. In short, need of a product which could help manage their relationshipsÂ with their stockists. It would track each personÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s stock, how much hasÂ been supplied to various outlets and how long those outlets take to re-order.
TheÂ key challenge NHM faced was to try and analyze the traction happeningÂ in terms of availability of books and their uptake. Choosing the rightÂ solution to fit specific requirements wasÂ anÂ arduous task for NHM as they evaluated a number of vendors who wereÂ offering retail software solutions. Eventually, they opted forÂ GoFrugalÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s online billing and inventory solution, TruePOS.
An on-demand solution that helps automate the entire retail operations of a small retailer at an affordable price. What is more fascinating about TruePOS as an umbrella solution for NHMÂ is that it can leverage technologies like the Internet, mobile and otherÂ upcoming technologies such as cloud computing. With TruePOS, NHM can seamlessly collaborate with all the people in real-time.
1. The software did not require a proprietary installation on a remote PC
2. User-friendly interface which reduced the cost on training staff
3. Offered a browser-based model that everyone is comfortable using
4. SaaS business model where subscription can be taken on a monthly basis and affords flexibility
5. Scale the use of TruePOS as billing volume goes up
1. The Automatic sync-up feature took care of the internet connectivityÂ problems. For instance, many locations where good internet connectivityÂ is not available, the billing module could operate without beingÂ connected to the server at all times and later synchedÂ up with the main This offline optionÂ enables the retailer to continue sales without any hassles.
2. Flexibility to increase or decrease the number of tills depending onÂ the number of book fairs saved investment on a large software package.
3. TruePOS generates a useful and comprehensive set of reports that helpsÂ NHM get an insight into what is really happening in terms of sales.Â Access to quality data has become the key to improved sales efficiencyÂ and stock management.
4. NHM claims that efficient inventory management has helped them increase their revenue by 25 percent.
5. Ability to keep track of the fastest selling titles and re-stock themÂ rapidly at the fairs has helped NHM in effective basket analysis,Â re-arrangement of merchandise for the following day or even puttingÂ together books to sell as a package.
6. NHM is now collects information on sales velocity and stock volume on real-time basis.
NewÂ Horizon Media is scaling to new heights with TruePOS. How are youÂ handling your retail? You can use TruePOS FREE 30 days trial by simply creating an account. So, go ahead and sign-up.